May 05 2014
GITEC 2014: BYOD Works, but Not for Every Agency
IT leaders find that some users don't want to use personal devices for work if it means they must submit to management controls.
- Shawn P. McCarthy, Research Director, IDC Government
- Kimberly Hancher, CIO, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Joe Klimavicz, CIO, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Mobile device management solutions offer agencies capabilities to control users' devices.
- Virtual desktops can improve security within a BYOD program.
- Among the benefits agencies may see are cost reductions and more efficient use of telecom services.