Aug 16 2013
Soldiers Rely on Mobile Devices for Immersive Learning
Mobile devices opened lines of communication for Defense Language Institute students.
- Spc. Tyler Benjamin, Pashto Student
- Jonathan Russell, Deputy Chief of Staff for IT
- Col. Danial D. Pick, Commandant; Airman 1st Class Doelle Cyril, Urdu Student
- Sameera Sharif, Urdu Instructor; Sayed Nazari, Pashto Instructor
- The Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center teaches 25 languages to 3,800 military personnel.
- DLIFLC recently deployed 6,000 Apple iPad 3 devices and 6,000 Apple MacBook Pro notebook computers to instructors and students.
- The influx of mobile devices required a network upgrade as well as a mobile device management suite.