GITEC 2013: Unified Communications Brings It All Together
Agencies save time, money and travel with Unified Communications.
- Sanjay Sardar, CIO, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Jeff Day, Chief Technology Officer, Veterans Affairs Department's Central Office IT Support Services
- Adriane Burton, Director of the Division of Computer System Services, Center for Information Technology, National Institutes of Health
- Mark Day, Director, Office of Strategic Programs, Integrated Technology Services, Federal Acquisition Service, GSA
- Unified communications technology ties together capabilities such as voice, video, chat and collaboration.
- Integrating video allows nonverbal communication that voice-only transmissions cannot duplicate.
- Agencies are finding a wide variety of uses, including remote work, telehealth, job interviews and high-level meetings.