GITEC 2014: Improving Data Center Efficiency
Consolidation efforts lead to optimization.
- Bill Tschudi, Group Leader, High-Tech and Industrial Systems Group, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Joe Klimavicz, CIO, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Shawn P. McCarthy, Research Director, IDC Government
- Agencies have an opportunity to save 20 percent to 40 percent by implementing efficiency measures.
- Consolidation leads to standardization, which improves efficiency.
- Eliminating equipment through consolidation reduces capital expenditures.