Nov 13 2018
HUD and GSA Discuss Factors in Cloud Migration for Federal Agencies
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development is migrating applications from a legacy mainframe, and the agency is weighing its modernization options. HUD Principal Deputy CIO Kevin Cooke discusses factors HUD is considering in its migration strategy, including the benefits of cloud services. GSA Secure Cloud Portfolio Director Jay Huie describes how federal agencies like HUD consult his agency to receive guidance on potential cloud migration projects.
Check out more of our coverage from Imagine Nation ELC 2018 here.
- Kevin Cooke, Principal Deputy CIO, HUD
- Jay Huie, Director, Secure Cloud Portfolio, GSA
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development received a grant from the Technology Modernization Fund to migrate applications from a Unisys mainframe earlier in 2018.
- HUD is considering a migration to the cloud for the mainframe applications as well as other HUD services, and the agency has sought guidance from GSA and others.
- GSA's Secure Cloud Portfolio works with federal agencies to assess cloud services and the viability of cloud as a solution for IT modernization.