ELC 2017: IT Modernization Takes Priority for Federal Government
The federal government is facing an aging IT infrastructure and getting systems modernized or decommissioned is mission #1 for several federal CIOs. We spoke with several IT leaders at the 2017 ACT-IAC Executive Leadership Conference to learn more about what different federal agencies are doing to get with the times.
- Christopher Wlaschin, CISO, HHS
- Sandra Paul-Blanc, CISO, NARA
- John Sprague, Deputy Associate CIO Technology and Innovation, NASA
- H. Lionel Cares, Chief, Data Services Branch, ATF
- IT modernization means moving away from legacy boxes and IT services that aren't sustainable.
- Big Data requires modern storage infrastructure and NASA is working on adapting its strategies to support Big Data.
- Shifting resources to the cloud is one way that several agencies are moving their IT modernization projects forward.