Apr 30 2013
GITEC 2013: Data Drives the Cloud Decision
Higher-risk applications push agencies toward private clouds.
- Sanjay Sardar, CIO, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Adriane Burton, Director of the Division of Computer System Services, Center for Information Technology, National Institutes of Health
- Keith Trippie, Executive Director, Enterprise System Development Office, Department of Homeland Security
- Mark Day, Director, Office of Strategic Programs, Integrated Technology Services, Federal Acquisition Service, GSA
- Applications involving public data are compatible with the public cloud.
- DHS has placed nine different services in a private cloud environment.
- Cloud environments can reduce costs, improve recoverability and increase scalability.