GITEC 2013: Securing the Cloud
Agencies face the challenge of finding the right level of security to meet their needs.
- Rod Turk, Chief Information Security Officer and Director of the Office of Cyber Security, Department of Commerce
- Ken Rogers, Chief Technology Strategist and Director of the IT Strategic Planning Office, State Department
- Mark Day, Director, Office of Strategic Programs, Integrated Technology Services, Federal Acquisition Service, GSA
- Perimeter security and data security are necessary layers of a secure cloud environment.
- Agencies should look for a cloud provider that can meet the level of security their data demands.
- FedRAMP provides a useful service to many cloud-using agencies, but some have decided not to wait for it.