GITEC 2013: Staying Ahead of Evolving Threats
New tools and technologies help agencies defend themselves.
- Rod Turk, Chief Information Security Officer and Director of the Office of Cyber Security, Department of Commerce
- Mark Day, Director of Strategic Programs at GSA's Federal Acquisition Service
- Keith Trippie, Executive Director, Enterprise System Development Office, Department of Homeland Security
- Sanjay Sardar, CIO, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Adriane Burton, Director of the Division of Computer System Services at the National Institutes of Health's Center for Information Technology
- An agency that encrypts all its data protects itself without giving potential attackers clues about which data may be more important.
- Technologies such as virtual desktop infrastructure can provide users with the access they need while protecting data.
- Continuous monitoring lets agencies observe the security posture of their networks and respond to threats.