May 06 2014
GITEC 2014: Moving to the Cloud Demands ROI
Agencies find many advantages in the cloud, but they need an effective map to get there.
- Shawn P. McCarthy, Research Director, IDC Government
- Joe Klimavicz, CIO, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Walter Bigelow, Chief of IT Systems Management, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
- The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is saving $1 million a year by moving email and collaboration to the cloud.
- The cloud can improve agencies' ability to provide services to users and the public.
- Many easy migrations have already been accomplished, leaving IT departments with a slate of tougher tasks.