Apr 28 2015
GITEC 2015: Deriving Value from Federal Big Data
Agencies look to make smarter use of data to solve mission challenges and improve decision-making.
For more coverage from the GITEC Summit 2015, visit our event page.
- Ann Dunkin, CIO, Environmental Protection Agency
- Maria Roat, Chief Technology Officer, Transportation Department
- John Sprague, Deputy Chief Technology Officer for IT, NASA
- Agenices want to make better use of data to improve decision-making.
- A key challenge arises from figuring out what data to analyze.
- Big data also provides an opportunity to work with other agencies and with the public to solve problems.