Jan 12 2018
How NASA, ATF, SBA and NARA Plan Successful IT Futures
How can federal IT leaders successfully plan for the future? Leaders from NASA; the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; the Small Business Administration and the National Archives and Records Administration discuss their technology priorities and how they plan to make them a reality.
- Renee Wynn, CIO, NASA
- H. Lionel Cares, Chief, Data Services Branch, ATF
- Maria Roat, CIO, Small Business Administration
- Sandra Paul-Blanc, CISO, National Archives and Records Administration
- NASA must maintain and protect legacy IT and satellites, but also plans to upgrade its networks to handle and secure more data, and improve authentication and accessibility.
- ATF plans to train its users on the latest software — the kind they are likely to already have at home — so that they are more inclined to do work in the office.
- SBA wants to build an infrastructure via fiber networks and cloud services so that it can easily add in new technologies.
- NARA will use innovative IT to support its ambitious strategic plan.