May 06 2014
GITEC 2014: Feds Face Workforce Challenges
Agencies take different paths to developing an effective personnel strategy.
- Walter Bigelow, Chief of IT Systems Management, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
- Joe Klimavicz, CIO, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Kimberly Hancher, CIO, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Mark Krzysko, Deputy Director of Enterprise Information, Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology & Logistics
- Agencies must decide whether they want to focus on IT or project management skills.
- Hiring innovative thinkers who can deliver on their ideas is critical.
- An effective mentoring program can help workers evolve into leaders.