May 06 2014
GITEC 2014: Innovation vs. Budget Woes
Agencies take different paths to developing an effective personnel strategy.
- Walter Bigelow, Chief of IT Systems Management, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
- Joe Klimavicz, CIO, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Mark Krzysko, Deputy Director of Enterprise Information, Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics
- Shawn P. McCarthy, Research Director, IDC Government
- Innovative projects are easier to support if backers can show return on investment.
- Innovation can be found in personnel and policies as well as technologies.
- Agencies need to be creative and innovative to meet federal mandates on a limited budget.